9th Standard English The Enchanted Pool Notes Question Answer Extract Mcq Pdf Download in Kannada Medium Answer The Enchanted Pool Notes Summery Kseeb Solutions For Class 9 English Chapter 1 Notes 9th english 1st lesson question answer english notes for class 9 chapter 1 state syllabus
- 1 The Enchanted Pool in English Pdf
- 2 Answer The Following Questions:
- 3 Answer the Following Questions About 2 OR 3 Sentence Each
- 4 Discuss in pairs and answer each question in a short paragraph (30-40 words).
- 5 Hope you have enjoyed reading the story. Answer the following questions by choosing the correct option.
- 6 Related :
The Enchanted Pool in English Pdf
Answer The Following Questions:
Ans: Yudhistira asked Nakula to see for water.
Ans: there was a pool. Nakula was happy when he got to the place and saw
Ans: Clear (or see through) is a word which means almost the same meaning of transparent.
Ans: Nakula did not obey the voice because he was very thirsty and he thought of quenching his thirst first.
Ans: Nakula felt terribly drowsy and he fell down; to all appearance dead.
Ans: When Nakula did not return for a long time, Yudhistira sent Sahadeva.
Ans: Sahadeva also disobey the voice so he also meet the same fate as Nakula.
Ans: Arjuna saw his brothers lying dead near the pool.
Answer the Following Questions About 2 OR 3 Sentence Each
9th Standard English Notes The Enchanted Pool Question Answer
1. Why do you think the voice did not allow Arjuna to drink water?
Ans: The voice wanted answers from Arjuna and it wanted test them. So it did not allow Arjuna to drink water.
2. Why did the invisible being laughed at Arjuna?
Ans: Arjuna angrily cried at the voice that he would kill it and he shot the arrows in the direction of the voice. The arrows did not hurt it. So it laughed.
3. What was the warning of Yaksha to Yudhistira?
Ans: Yaksha warned Yudhistira that his brothers died because they did not heed his words, so he should not follow them and answer his questions.
4. Do you observe any difference between Arjuna and Yudhistira in their response to the invisible voice?
Ans: Yes, there was a difference between them. Arjuna cried angrily and tried to kill Yaksha and he did not heed to the voice. But Yudhistira requested Yaksha to ask questions.
5. Why do you think all the brothers fell unconscious when they drank water?
Ans: All the brothers did not heed to the voice of Yaksha and they tried to drink water so they fell unconsciousness.
6. According to Yudhistira mind is faster than the wind? Do you agree with him?
Ans: Yes, I agree with Yudhistira that mind is faster than the wind. If we thought about a distant place or an incident with in a second the image is coming to our mind.
7. What is that abandoning which man becomes loved by all?
Ans: Pride for abandoning that man will be loved by all.
8. What is the answer of Yudhistira to the question, ‘Who rescues man in danger’?
Ans: danger. Yudhistir answered that ‘courage’, which rescues man in
9. Why do you think Yaksha asked Yudhistira for a boon?
Ans: Yudhistira answered all the questions correctly so Yaksha asked him to ask for a boon.
10. Why did Yudhistira choose Nakula in preference to Bhima?
Ans: Kunti and Madri were the two wives of Pandu. Yudhistira, a son of Kunti, suriving so to be fair with Madri he preferred Nakula.
11. If you were Yudhistira, how many questions would you able to answer?
Ans: If I were Yudhisira I can only answer few questions.
12. Why did Yama take the form of Yaksha?
Ans: Yama take the form of Yaksha to saw his son Yudhistira and test him.
Discuss in pairs and answer each question in a short paragraph (30-40 words).
1. “There must certainly be water there.” How do you think Nakula came to that conclusion?
Answer: It was very hot the Pandavas were thirsty. Yudhistira was in need of water. He wanted water and rest so he told Nakula to look for water so Nakula climbed the tree and noticed water, plants and cranes. So he predicted that there could be water there.
2. “Arjuna wanted to destroy this unseen foe.” Why do you think he wanted to do so?
Answer: When the warrior Arjuna heard the warning voice of Yaksha, he became very angry it was arrogant. Atonce he was furious and was ready to kill Yaksha. Apart from this, he was thirsty so he wanted to quench his terrible thirst.
3. “Yudhistira himself proceeded in the direction his brothers had taken.” What made Yudhistira take that decision?
Answer: Yudhistira was thirsty. He wanted water. So he told his brother Nakula to fetch water but he didn’t return. Then he sent Sahadeva, Arjuna and Bhima. They also didn’t return, so he was apprensive. With much anxiety, he went in the direction his brothers had taken.
4.“Happiness is the result of good conduct.” Do you agree with this? Support your answer with an example.
Answer: When Yaksha questioned Yudhistira what happiness was Yudhistira replied that happiness is the result of good conduct. It is true. If our conduct is good. We move towards happiness. We should be needy but not greedy. When we desire for more, our conduct is corrupted and so we have to face manly problems. To give an exmple of this, the four Pandavas were not in a position to answer the questions of Yaksha. They did not want humility but Yudhistira was more humble so he answered all the questions with humility. It is the result of his character. It made him to revive his dead brothers.
5. “May the cloud-complexioned Nakula, arise.” Why did Yudhistira choose Nakula in preference to Bhima and Arjuna?
Answer: Yaksha was happy to know the answers given by Yudhistira. So he asked him when he wanted to revive among the dead brothers. Then Yudhistira thought for a moment and replied that he wanted. Nakula to be revived. He was selfless and he did not want Madri to bereare. He thought it fair so he chose Nakula.
Hope you have enjoyed reading the story. Answer the following questions by choosing the correct option.
1. Arjuna wanted to destroy this unseen foe, but first he had to ……………………..
- ask permission from his brother.
- quench his terrible thirst.
- find out where it was.
2. quench his terrible thirst.
2. Yudhistira agreed to answer the questions of the Yaksha because ……………………
- he was afraid of the Yaksha.
- he knew the Yaksha.
- he wanted to see a possible way of saving his brothers.
3. he wanted to see a possible way of saving his brothers.
3. According to Yudhistira, happiness is the ……………………
- result of material comfort
- result of good conduct
- result of good friendship.
2. result of good conduct.