8th Standard English A Day in the Ashram Notes Question Answer Mcq Pdf Download in Kannada Medium 8th Standard English Notes of Lesson 1 Pdf 2022 Kseeb Solutions For Class 8 English Chapter 1 Notes A Day in the Ashram Summary in English A Day in The Ashram Lesson Question and Answer 8th Class English 1st Lesson Questions and Answers 2022 Karnataka State Syllabus
8th English Lesson – 1 A Day in the Ashram
I. Answer the Following Questions.
Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore named the School Shantiniketan.
The day begins long before the sunrise.
Shantinikethan is termed as darling of our hearts by Gurudev.
The Phrase used is “old and young alike”
Who else are the early risers?
The Choristers and the birds on the amloki groves are early risers.
II. Answer the following questions.
1) What kind of work do the boys practise in the afternoon?
In the afternoon boys practise the work chiefly with
hands as well as with the mind. Hand work is practised.
2) What are Shantinikethan boys famous for?
Shantinikethan boys are famous for their sports and
3) How do the boys spend evenings before they go to bed?
Before they go to bed some fairy tales are told, short
dramas are recited Gurudeva’s songs are sung and different
school gatherings are held.
4) Read the second Paragraph carefully what it describes
Ans- (b) the song of the choristers.
III. Read and discuss. Then write:
1) What is the effect of the song of the choristers on the listeners?
The Choristers are the first to rise and they go round the Ashram singing their morning hymn, you can hear the voices in distance drawing nearer and nearer and then the sound dies away as choir passes on to another port of the Ashram and then again it comes nearer and near. The beauty of the sound in the silent morning air and the sense of joy and reverence which it brings give peace to the soul.
2) How are the classes held in the afternoon in Shantiniketan?
In the afternoon classes begin again but at this time the work is chiefly with hands as well as handiwork is practised and the boys own natural tastes are very soon discovered. Some prefer carpentry others prefer mechanical work others enjoy spinning and weaving others become skilled in draftsman or painters other are musicians
3) How do the boys spend their evenings in Shantiniketan?
In the evening at sunset they return from their fields and sit down once more for a short time to meditate, in silence.
4) How are the classes at Shantiniketan different from the classes in otherschools?
In other School’s all the boys are made to learn certain subjects. They do not give scope for the development of natural facts. Only bookish knowledge is important. Teachers do not take interest in discovering natural talents of the students. But in Shantiniketan work of books is less. School isv conductedin the openair. Boys are allowed to ask questions. Instead of 40 to 50 boys, there will be group of 8 to 10 boys. Teachers take keen interest. The boy is allowed to practise and learn in which he is interested. It may be carpentry, painting, music, spinning or weaving. The education here is the ‘living education.’
5) How does Shantiniketan prepare the boys for life?
The education here is the living education. Boys are taught according to their tastes and preferences. They enjoy learning and become exports in the subject of their liking. That is how Shantiniketan prepares boys for life.
6) Write a paragraph describing your idea of a good school.
According to me a good school is one where boys get living education. The school should give scope to all the students to develop their natural tastes of their liking if they prefer music or spinning painting etc. They should be taught accordingly. It is better to keep the boys away from the bookish knowledge. Students must be allowed to take part in sports and game. In good school scope should be provided for meditation and boys must be allowed to ask questions to their teachers and gain knowledge. I don’t
want that boys in the school would be passive listeners. ‘Prayer, singing hymns meditation all these should become part of education. If the instruction is given in the open air instead of classrooms boys enjoy. Education in different Handicrafts will prepare boys for theirfuture life.
7) Write a few lines about your school using the following clues.
Our School is located in the heart of the city. The name of our School is National School. It is located near the temple of Saibaba. The building of our School is beautiful and solid. There is a beautiful garden in front of our school. There is vast playground behind the school building we play different games after school hours. There are good experienced and learned teachers in our School. They take utmost interest in teaching us. They allow us to ask questions and solve our problems. There is a big laboratory. All the facilities for experiments are available Teachers help us to conduct experiments. Students are allowed to play different games like football, Cricket, hockey, kabaddi, basketball etc. Our school is a model School; It prepares good citizens of our country.
V. 1. VOCABULARY
Fill in the blanks in the following sentences with the help of clues given in brackets. (Completed).
1) When you blow air into balloon it becomes bigger and bigger.
2) As the train approaches the station the sound of its whistle becomes louder and louder.
3) If you practise harder and harder you will feel more and more confidant to solve the problems.
4) Man has been constructing taller and taller buildings in cities.
5) As you move away from a tree it looks smaller and smaller.
V. 2. Fill in the blanks some and others (Completed).
1) You can see shining objects in the sky at night some of them are planets others are stars.
2) There are many fruits in basket some of them are mangoes others are bananas.
3) After the bell some boys went out to play others went home.
4) There are a few books on the table some of them are text books others are not.
5) Some of the apples in the basket are good others are bad.
V. 3. Fill in the blanks choosing appropriate towards from the words given in brackets.
Last week I went to shop to buy, a pair of trousers. I bought one and returned home. When I tried to wear it, I found that it was rather loose so I went to the shop in hurry. But he shop keeper was out. So I had to wait for half an hour. When he returned, I shouted at him “see how big it is. It fights an elephant.” He replied coolly looking at my pot belly. Therefore we offered it to you sir.
V.A. Fill the the blanks using antonyms of the word in italics. (completed)
1) Krishna was rich king while his friend was a poor man.
2) Madanika is tall bat her brothers isshort.
3) Radhika is strong but her sister is week.
4) Silk is soft iron ishard.
5) I can remember stories but forget lessons.
V. 5. Classify the following Into prefixes and suffixes.
ex minister childish
V.6. Fill in the blanks with appropriate prefixes choosing
from the ones given above (vs)
1) The School re-opens on June 1.
2) Menish eats meat. He is a non-Vegetarian.
3) Terrorists are anti-social.
4) Bakra Nangal is multipurpose project.
5) Plastic chairs are in-expensive.
V. 7. Fill in the blanks with appropriate suffixes. Choosing from ones given above in V-5
1) He was comfortable in his seat on the train.
2) He was acting in a very childish way.
3) She looked at her reflection in themirror.
4) India has won the champion ship at Sharjah.
5) The rate of employment in India has been rising
8th Standard All Subject Notes
8th Standard Kannada Text Book Pdf
1 ರಿಂದ 10ನೇ ತರಗತಿ ಪಠ್ಯಪುಸ್ತಕಗಳು Pdf
1 ರಿಂದ 9ನೇ ತರಗತಿ ಕಲಿಕಾ ಚೇತರಿಕೆ Pdf
1 ರಿಂದ 12ನೇ ತರಗತಿ ಕನ್ನಡ ನೋಟ್ಸ್ Pdf
ನಮ್ಮ KannadaDeevige.in ವೆಬ್ಸೈಟ್ ಮತ್ತು ಆಪ್ ನಲ್ಲಿ 1ನೇ ತರಗತಿಯಿಂದ 12ನೇ ತರಗತಿಯವರೆಗಿನ ಎಲ್ಲಾ ಪಾಠ ಹಾಗೂ ಪದ್ಯಗಳ ಪಠ್ಯ ಪುಸ್ತಕ, ನೋಟ್ಸ್ ಸಂಪೂರ್ಣ ವಿವರಣೆ ಇದೆ. ಜೊತೆಗೆ ಕನ್ನಡ ವ್ಯಾಕರಣ,ಹಾಗೂ ಪಾಠ ಪದ್ಯಗಳ ಪ್ರಶ್ನೋತ್ತರಗಳ ಕುರಿತಾದ ಮಾಹಿತಿಯೂ ಇದೆ.
ಇನ್ನು ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ವಿಷಯಗಳನ್ನು ನೀವು ತಿಳಿಯಲು ನಮ್ಮ Kannada Deevige ಆಪ್ ಡೌನ್ಲೋಡ್ ಮಾಡಿ. ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ಮಾಹಿತಿಯನ್ನು ಕನ್ನಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಪಡೆಯಬಹುದಾಗಿದೆ.
ನೀವು ನಮ್ಮ ಟೆಲಿಗ್ರಾಮ್ ಚಾನೆಲ್ ಗೆ ಜಾಯಿನ್ ಆಗಿ ಪ್ರತಿ ದಿನ ಹೊಸ ವಿಷಯಗಳನ್ನು ಕಲಿಯಿರಿ
ಟೆಲಿಗ್ರಾಮ್ ಗೆ ಜಾಯಿನ್ ಆಗಲು ಇಲ್ಲಿ ಕ್ಲಿಕ್ ಮಾಡಿ.
ಕನ್ನಡ ದೀವಿಗೆ.in ಜಾಲತಾಣದಲ್ಲಿ 8ನೇ ತರಗತಿಯ ಪಠ್ಯಪುಸ್ತಕಗಳು ನೋಟ್ಸ್ , ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ ಉತ್ತರಗಳ ಕುರಿತು ನಿಮಗೆ ಯಾವುದೇ ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆಗಳನ್ನು ಹೊಂದಿದ್ದರೆ, ಕೆಳಗೆ ಒಂದು ಕಾಮೆಂಟ್ ಅನ್ನು ಮಾಡಿ ತಿಳಿಸಿ.